Glaucoma Drainage Implant
Material of Glaucoma Drainage Implant is made of Hydrophilic acrylate, which is nontoxic, has no immune response, has good biological compatibility, and cannot be absorbed by tissue. As materials of intraocular lens, it has been clinically applied in ophthalmology for more than ten years, and is universally accepted as good intraocular implantation material by ophthalmology circle.
Types: Type FPT (for penetrating trabeculectomy), Type FNPT (for nonpenetrating trabeculectomy).
Structure and Working Mechanism of Glaucoma Drainage Implant:
The overall length of type FNPT is 4.5mm, and the width of slot is 0.7mm. The length of side of type FPT is 3.5mm. There are 4 holes on the Glaucoma Drainage Implant, which used for fixation on sclerotic bed and osmosis of aqueous humor. To implant the Glaucoma Drainage Implant into resected deep sclerotic bed to form a cavity which is called aqueous humor "pond" or "depressurizing room" the upper bottom of linguiform one is exposed to the outside of sclerotic valve, that is made for aqueous humor being drained from the "pond", "cavity" to the underside of conjunctiva, and promoting the formation of new aqueous humor channel, and thus to achieve the goal of reducing intraocular pressure.
Characteristics of Glaucoma Drainage Implant:
- Raw material: Hydrophilic acrylate.
- Which has good biological compatibility, and cannot be absorbed by tissue.
- Prohibit the growth of fibrocyte, and prevent the formation of filter channel cicatricle.
- To impel the formation of new aqueous humor drainage channel.
- Distributary of aqueous humor is formed after the implantation of drainage device.
- It is safe for long-term usage, and intraocular pressure can be effectively controlled.
- To increase the success rate and reliability of Glaucoma operation.